Mass Provisioning of the Chrome Extension for Gmail Users¶
Enterprise customers of Revenue Inbox for Salesforce and Gmail can make use of this mass provisioning scenario and the mass deployment scenario for Windows systems (via Active directory) to set up the product for all end users in an Org.
These scenarios are typically performed by the local email/mail server Administrator. If the company prefers not to grant Gmail / Google Workspace (G Suite) data access to Revenue Inbox for each individual end user’s mailbox due to security policies or the end users being too many.
Handling of your email/calendar and CRM data by Revenue Inbox Chrome Extension for Gmail is based on the same set of Privacy and Security principles as Revenue Inbox Add-In for MS Outlook Desktop or On the Web version.
After the Revenue Inbox Chrome Extension has been installed in the end users’ Chrome browsers either individually or in bulk by the Admin, follow the below steps to configure and use a Gmail / Google Workspace (G Suite) Service account to mass-configure RI for the end users.
1. You should prepare an in-org Gmail / Google Workspace (G Suite) account which will be used only for providing Gmail data access for RI end users
3. Follow this Google guide to authorize the service account to access other accounts’ data
The scopes required for the service account on Step 4 for the above Google guide:
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive [optional, if DisableDriveAttachments is enabled]
4. Next Log in to Revenue Inbox Admin panel with Admin credentials provided by RevenueGrid.com
6. Select the E-mail configuration subtab for this organization and pick Google Service Account in the Mailbox Access Type box
7. An Upload JSON file line will appear; click the button Upload file next to it, browse your hard drive and select the JSON Web Token file which was generated on Step 2 of this guide
8. Now, if everything was configured correctly, you will see the Project ID and Client ID of your service account and its Connection status
We would love to hear from you