How to manage email templates
2 min read - updated few hours ago
Revenue Grid (RG) message Templates are used for facilitating and automating creation of email Sequence steps. A template is a typical message used at a single step of an engagement/nurturing campaign.
Every RG user within an Org can contribute templates to a shared template pool, so others will be able to make use of them in their own Sequences.
Create a Template¶
In order to create or edit a template:
Open the Templates page
Click Add template
- Fill in the template’s fields:
- Name: enter a unique name used to refer to the template
- Sharing: set use permissions
• Private to owner: visible only to you
• Other can only see it [the default selection]: all users can view, select and clone this template
• Other can see and use it: all users can view, select and edit this template
Admins always can view, select, edit and clone all templates regardless of settings per Template mentioned above
- Subject: set the email template’s Subject line. You may also insert Salesforce and Revenue Grid merge fields into it to make it match a specific prospect
- Template body: design your email template’s text using the standard text editing bar
- Add HTML tags. Full support of standard HTML tags, which you can use for creating rich HTML layouts
- Use Revenue Grid merge fields. It allows personalize a message across companies with the same template.
- Add an attachment to your template using button on the bar. Supported types: pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, csv, txt, rtf, ods, odt, html, zip, 7z, rar, mp3, mp4, wma, mpg, flv, avi, jpg, jpeg, png, gif, epub, fb2
- Paste an inline image from clipboard or add by using button on the bar. You may include an image from your local computer or from the Web by pasting in a link.
4. Click Save template
Edit a Template¶
There are 2 ways to update a template:
On the Templates tab, open a template you’d like to edit. Apply changes in the opened text editor and save the template.
Or another way. When adding a step based on a template, you will have an option to update the used template along with adding the step.
Once a template gets updated, all steps of Sequences which had been built based on the template start using the most recently updated version of the template. Including those emails which are waiting for a review on the Planner.
More hints on Templates¶
In order to make your email look perfect in inboxes of your recipients, make sure you add a special first line to be displayed in Outlook folder preview:
Follow the steps to achieve that:
1) Open source code editor click to button in text editor toolbar.
2) Add the code line onto the first line of your template:
Replace the text with yours. The text is hidden in the email body and displayed only as preview in an Inbox folder item.
Also avoid centered signatures or other elements:
There are two elements responsible for alignment in HTML:
(a) tag's property align="center";
Please avoid using both when they have different values in the same Template – in this case a browser takes one, while Desktop Outlook takes another one. Use only one of those, or both have to have equal values.
Was this article helpful?
We would love to hear from you