Fine-Tuning Instant Events Sync from Salesforce to Mailbox¶
For users of the Email Sidebar on:
2 min read
By default, instant sync is triggered whenever an event is created, updated or deleted. However, you can limit instant sync triggering and disable its activation on event creation or deletion.
To do this:
1. Click on the Gear ⚙ icon and select Setup
2. In the Quick Search field, enter “Custom Settings” to quickly find and open the necessary setting
3. On the opened page, find TriggerSettings
4. Click Manage next to it
5. If the page is empty (see the screenshot below), you must create a new custom setting with a new setup owner
To create a new custom setting:
5.1. Under Default Organization Level Value, lick the New button
5.2. Under Trigger Setting Information, select Profile and name it System Administrator
5.3. Click Save to apply the changes
6. If a setup owner already exists, click Edit next to it
7. Next, select what actions should not trigger instant sync:
Disable Deleting Events limits instant sync triggering by calendar items deletion. This means that deleted calendar items will be synced within the standard sync interval.
Disable Creating Events limits instant sync triggering by calendar items creation. This means that the newly created calendar items will be synced within the standard sync interval.
8. Click Save to preserve the changes
We would love to hear from you!