Introduction to the Chrome Extension for Gmail Boxes¶
RI for Salesforce and Gmail works with both Gmail and GSuite.
Revenue Inbox for Salesforce ensures seamless integration between Salesforce and your Gmail mailbox/Google Calendar. After adding the Revenue Inbox Extension to Google Chrome, you will be able to unfold all power of Salesforce right from your Gmail box:
- Instantly get access to the Salesforce records that are relevant to your currently opened email message/calendar events
- Create new or search for existing Salesforce records right from your Gmail mailbox
- Save emails and email attachments from Gmail to Salesforce
- Create new or edit existing Salesforce tasks
- Synchronize Google Calendar events with Salesforce
- Synchronize your Google Contacts with Salesforce
- Use the Salesforce collaboration tool Chatter
- Customize the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce Extension’s settings
Besides your emails Revenue Inbox works with your Google Calendar and Google Contacts data in order to synchronize your business email correspondence, scheduled business events, and selected business contacts with your Salesforce account. Note that this two-sided data transfer performed by Revenue Inbox is ruled by the principles of privacy and security; the data is not stored or shared outside of RI secured infrastructure and is transferred directly between Google and Salesforce over secure Microsoft Azure servers.
How to use the Revenue Inbox Chrome Extension¶
Browse the following articles for detailed information on using the Chrome Extension:
The Extension’s Sidebar explained. Functions-wise the Sidebar is 90% identical to RI Add-In for MS Outlook
The Extension’s system requirements¶
Revenue Inbox for Salesforce and Gmail is not a standalone application, it only works in Gmail’s web interface opened in Google Chrome or a Chromium-based browser or a browser based on Chromium engine. It is as cross-platform as the Chrome browser itself, so you can use it in Windows 7 and later, MacOS 10.10 and later, Android KitKat and later, iOS 11 and later, Linux, Chrome OS.
You can effectively run it on tablet devices, but please note that the Extension’s rendering is not specifically optimized for using it on mobile phone screens.
The prerequisites to use the RI Chrome Extension for Salesforce and Gmail:
- The latest update of Google Chrome or a Chromium based browser available for your Operating System
- A corporate Gmail / Google Workspace (G Suite) account
- A Salesforce account
- Internet connection
We would love to hear from you