User Registration Wizard¶
To sign up for a Revenue Inbox user account, open this link and follow the Wizard’s steps through RI sign up process.
To use the Registration Wizard, make sure that any adblocking extensions/plugins in your web browser are disabled for the Registration Wizard’s web page and refresh the page; some scripts used by the wizard are incompatible with adblockers so if you do not disable them you will see a blank page.
The wizard will guide you through the following steps:
Step 1: CRM¶
Specify Your Salesforce Account¶
To allow Revenue Inbox to work with your Salesforce data, you can either
1. Authorize Salesforce data access for Revenue Inbox (with OAuth 2.0) or
2. Enter your Salesforce login credentials in Revenue Inbox so they will be used when the Add-In/Chrome Extension accesses Salesforce
For extra security, authorizing Salesforce data access for Revenue Inbox with OAuth is the preferred method – rather than entering your Salesforce login and password directly – because this way you will ensure that your Salesforce password is only kept in your notes and no extraneous services have it stored. Besides, you will not have to re-authorize Revenue Inbox access to Salesforce data in case you change your Salesforce password.
1. Authorizing Revenue Inbox to Access Salesforce¶
To authorize Revenue Inbox to work with your Salesforce data, click the Salesforce logo and then enter your Salesforce username and password or select your previously logged in Salesforce user account (Saved usernames) in the login.salesforce.com OAuth window that will appear.
In the screenshot above, a standard Salesforce OAuth window is shown. Note that this window may look differently depending on your Salesforce Org’s configuration.
To log in to Salesforce Sandbox (an isolated environment with Salesforce data used for testing, learning how to use the CRM, and experimenting with its features), select the Yes, I use Salesforce Sandbox checkbox and specify the sandbox suffix in the box that appears. Then click the Salesforce logo and enter your username and password or select your previously logged in account in the OAuth windows.
- To log in to your Salesforce Community Cloud (Customer Community or Partner Community) account, select the My Customer/Partner Community checkbox and enter your community URL. Then click the Salesforce logo and enter your username and password or select your previously logged in account in the OAuth window.
2. Entering Your Salesforce Credentials Manually¶
If you want to enter your Salesforce account credentials manually to be stored in Revenue Inbox, do the following:
1. On the right-hand side of the page, in the Login box, enter your Salesforce username.
2. In the Password box, enter your Salesforce password.
3. (optional) If you need to submit a Salesforce security token (it was emailed to you after you set up your Salesforce account, or after a password reset), use the corresponding box.
4. If you want Revenue Inbox to log in to your Salesforce Sandbox, select the Yes, I use Salesforce Sandbox checkbox and enter the sandbox suffix in the box that appears.
5. Click Next to proceed to the wizard’s second step.
Step 2: Mail¶
Specify Your Mailbox Account
Set your Office 365 or MS Exchange / Outlook.com account that will be used with Revenue Inbox. Here, again, either direct authentication with password or OAuth is used.
- To log in to your Office 365 account, click the Office 365 logo and enter your login credentials in the “Sign in to your account” dialog box that appears.
- If you are using an on-premises installation of Microsoft Exchange, or your Exchange server is hosted by a third-party provider, or you are using the Outlook.com mail service, click the circle on the right and do the following:
1. In the Email to sync box, enter your email address.
2. In the Password box, enter the password for your Exchange account.
3. In some configurations, you may be required to provide your Exchange user name. In this case, please enter it in the User name box. This name usually consists of your domain name followed by a backslash and your account ID (for example, if your domain is “work” and your Windows account ID is “johndoe,” you enter “work\johndoe”).
4. Usually Revenue Inbox finds the required EWS endpoint URL automatically, but in case it was not found or you need to enter one manually, select the Do not use Autodiscover… checkbox and enter the Exchange Web Services endpoint URL in the box that appears.
5. Click Next to proceed to the final wizard step.
Step 3: Almost Ready¶
Select Data Your Want to Synchronize
On the last wizard page, select what record types you want to synchronize – appointments, tasks, or contacts – by toggling the corresponding switch buttons.
Appointments and Tasks
Revenue Inbox synchronizes appointments and tasks that meet the following criteria:
- Of which you are the owner
- Which are not completed
- Which occurred over the past two weeks or are scheduled for the future
For contacts, you can click Customize and select what kind of contacts you want to be synchronized:
- All available contacts
- Only my contacts
- Only contacts from the specified Salesforce view (list views are views you can create in Salesforce which contain a specific set of contacts). Revenue Inbox automatically retrieves the list of views available for your contacts so you can pick one that suits you best.
When using a custom Salesforce view, select a view that includes contacts for which you are the owner. Otherwise, new contacts that you will share from Exchange to Salesforce may later be removed (filtered) from Exchange because they do not belong to the selected view.
Record Count Limits
Revenue Inbox indicates the number of records per record type to be synchronized between your Exchange mailbox and Salesforce. Note that some Revenue Inbox plans have a limit on the maximum number of synchronized records. Once the limit is reached, Revenue Inbox will limit the number of records retrieved from Salesforce to your MS Exchange.
Example: Suppose you have 15,000 contacts in Salesforce and your Revenue Inbox plan allows for up to 10k records sync. If you synchronize only contacts then 10,000 out of 15,000 will be synchronized between Salesforce and Exchange. Revenue Inbox will retrieve the newest 10,000 contacts based on their creation date.
Once done, click Finish to complete the registration and configuration process. Revenue Inbox will trigger initial synchronization in the background and install the Revenue Inbox Outlook Add-In for the compatible email clients.
We would love to hear from you