How the Product Works and What It Syncs¶
Revenue Inbox is a cloud application that performs two-way synchronization of data between your Salesforce account and Exchange mailbox and gives you access to Salesforce data right from your email client. After you create a Revenue Inbox account using a simple registration wizard and install the MS Outlook Desktop or On the Web version Add-In or the Chrome Extension, Revenue Inbox will customize your mailbox by adding the required custom folders/labels, add its Sidebar, and start synchronizing your records on server-side. The specifics of using the Revenue Inbox Chrome Extension for Gmail are explained in this article.
The data that Revenue Inbox synchronizes includes:
- Contacts. In Outlook, Revenue Inbox creates a new contact folder named Salesforce Contacts where you can find your Salesforce contacts. To synchronize a newly created contact with Salesforce, assign it the Salesforce category or move it to the Salesforce Contacts folder.
- Calendar items. Your Salesforce and Outlook calendars are in sync. To share a new meeting or appointment in Salesforce, assign it the “Salesforce” category in Outlook or save it using the Outlook Add-In or Chrome Extension.
- Tasks. As with contacts, Revenue Inbox creates a new task folder named “Salesforce Tasks” in which you can find your tasks. By adding a new or moving an existing task to this folder, or assigning a task the custom “Salesforce” category in MS Outlook Desktop or On the Web version, you can quickly share it in Salesforce.
- Emails and Email Attachments. Revenue Inbox creates a new folder named “Salesforce Emails” in your mailbox. Moving your emails to this folder will share them as completed tasks with Salesforce. Email attachments are also saved to Salesforce as attachments to the completed task.
Synchronization runs in the background (server-to-server) 24x7, one sync session every 30 minutes; the interval is defined by the set service plan.
Advanced Features Which Require Sync Engine to Be Running¶
After you set up MS Exchange-Salesforce synchronization performed by Revenue Inbox, you will unlock the following essential Revenue Inbox features:
- Meeting Scheduler: Send meeting time slots, Share calendar availability
- Engagement Panel
- Saving email messages to Salesforce in Compose mode
- Saving calendar items to Salesforce
- Bidirectional syncing of calendars
- Email or calendar item auto-sharing or sharing in Salesforce of all emails in a thread, as well as all other possibilities managed in Synchronization settings
Note that when you are using Revenue Inbox there should be no other software running that performs data transfer between MS Exchange and Salesforce API (e.g. Salesforce Lightning sync, Salesforce Inbox, Salesforce for Outlook, etc.) Running different MS Exchange – Salesforce sync applications simultaneously will cause sync conflicts and items duplication. If you encounter this kind of unexpected behavior, please check that with your Salesforce admin or, if you are a Salesforce admin, check for such software in the following places:
● Salesforce Setup > Apps > App Manager
● Connected Apps
● Salesforce Login History
After you find apps which cause conflicts, please refer to this Salesforce help article to learn how to disable them.
Please also note that apps which use Salesforce API but do not exchange data between Salesforce and MS Exchange will not cause sync conflicts
We would love to hear from you