Managing Users via the Product’s Admin Panel¶
To use Revenue Inbox Admin panel, special access permissions are required. To request the permissions for your organization contact Revenue Grid support team by email. Please note that Admin panel access is only granted to Enterprise customers: the Panel provides tools for managing a big number of end users and some of its key settings it includes duplicate Revenue Inbox Customization and Sync settings on Admin level.
Managing users in only available to assigned Revenue Inbox Administrators; to access these settings and actions you first need to log in to Administration panel.
To edit a user:
1. Go to the Users tab of the Administration Panel
2. In the users list, click the user you want to edit or the Edit icon next to the user. The page with user details will appear
3. Edit the necessary fields: Name, Organization, Plan, or E-Mail
4. Click Save
Actions with Users¶
To better understand the icons and actions you can perform via the Users tab, see the descriptions of icons below.
|Edit User. Open and edit a User|
|Delete. Delete a User. Please note that Users with initialized mailbox cannot be deleted|
|Force Delete. Delete a user, users with initialized mailbox can be deleted this way|
|Enable Synchronization. Enable synchronization for a User|
|Disable Synchronization. Suspend synchronization for a user. If synchronization is suspended for an ordinary User, it can be resumed from the Sync Dashboard|
|Force Synchronization. Standard synchronization interval is set to 30 minutes. A user can manually trigger synchronization outside of the standard sync schedule by clicking the Force Synchronization action, but no sooner than 1 minute after the last attempt to trigger it. This is done to avoid service overload in case of multiple consecutive “Force Synchronization” requests|
Reset Mailbox. Request Revenue Inbox to remove user customization and keep synchronization disabled. Once synchronization is enabled again, the first synchronization attempt will apply the customization to the user’s mailbox
Reapply Customization. Request Revenue Inbox to remove the current user customization (along with previously synchronized data) and re-sync it afresh. Can be used to re-initialize a user mailbox after errors which affected data consistency in the mailbox
Check Salesforce Connectivity. Check if the connection to Salesforce tenant under these user credentials can be established
|Check Mailbox Connectivity. Check if the connection to Exchange under this user credentials can be established|
Managing Users’ Sync Status¶
By default, synchronization is disabled for new added User accounts until the initial configuration is completed for them. In the list on the Users tab, the Users for which sync is enabled are shown in black font color, while the Users for which it is disabled are shown in red font color.
Synchronization may also get suspended automatically due to errors
You can change the sync status for several Users at the same time: mark the corresponding boxes in the left-most column, then click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the page and from the drop-down menu select Enable Synchronization or Disable Synchronization.
The corresponding notification (action successful or failed) will appear in the bottom left corner of the page.
If the sync status is disabled for an Organization, synchronization will not run for any of its users no matter what individual sync status they have
Viewing User Subtabs¶
You can view the tabs containing detailed information about a specific user when you select the needed user from the list or click the Edit icon. The User details page will open.
The following tabs are shown on every User details page.
Displays the list of synchronization sessions of the selected user. To see more details, click the icon to open the job under Actions. A session description and details open on a new page. To download a session’s log, select the Download Log icon from the Actions
Displays a list of issues from last synchronization session
Synchronization issues are caused by modifications operations from Exchange Storage to Salesforce or vice versa
Displays system activities for the selected user
For each activity, you can see the following information:
• Date and time when the activity occurred
• An email address of the user that initiated the activity
• A type of the activity
To download an activity-related log, under Actions, choose the appropriate icon. Possible activities are:
• Employee is Added
• Employee is Removed
• Employee Synchronization is Disabled
• Employee Synchronization is Disabled Due to Authorization Error
• Employee Synchronization is Disabled Due to Throttling Error
• Employee Synchronization is Disabled Due to Other Error
• Employee Synchronization is Enabled
• Employee Customization is Reapplied
• Employee Organization is Changed
• Employee Synchronization is Disabled, Customization is Uninstalled
• Employee Plan Assigned Event.
Displays the field for Salesforce instance URL where you configure users’ access to Salesforce
Displays email configuration set up for this user
You can edit the user’s name and mailbox settings that were specified during the provisioning process or defined by the organization to which the user belongs
If Exchange Direct access is selected:
• You can change the login credentials for the user: SMTP email address, Exchange account name (can be different from SMTP email address), and password
• With Office 365 authentication:
◦ Cannot update or access User’s OAUTH2 tokens
◦ Can change user back to login/password authentication scheme
◦ Can delete a stored Refresh Token for Ordinary User
If Exchange Impersonated access is selected:
• You can change only SMTP email address, as other parameters come through Org configuration
• Office 365 OAUTH scenario is also supported
• Users are not allowed to change their SMTP email address (to prevent connecting to another user's mailbox)
All available Mailbox access types in Email Configuration¶
Defining Individual Synchronization Settings for a User or a Group of Users¶
In the latest Revenue Inbox updates it is possible to push pre-defined synchronization settings to groups of users and individual users within an Org, or to all users of an Org; the users can be allowed or disallowed to adjust these settings. If you need to preset customized sync settings to different users in your Org, send us a corresponding request to our Support team
Moving Users Between Organizations¶
Organization is assigned for each user during the provisioning process. Otherwise, Users are automatically assigned to the default Organization. You can also change the Organization to which Users are assigned later after provisioning is complete.
when assigning Users to other Organizations, be aware that the new Organization may use a different mailbox access typ e or Microsoft Exchange Server impersonation settings. As a result, Revenue Inbox’s ability to access the User’s mailbox may be affected.
To assign a User to another Organization, do the following:
1. On the Users tab of the Administration Panel, select from the list theUser that you want to move to another Organization.
2. From the Organization drop-down list, select the Organization that you want to assign this User to.
3. Click Save.
4. If the following pop-up appears, click Yes or Cancel to proceed.
To delete a user:
1. Go to the Users tab of the Administration Panel.
2. From the list of users, pick the user you want to delete and click the Delete icon.
3. In the confirmation dialog that appears, click Delete.
Once a User is deleted via the Administration Panel, they cannot access and use Revenue Inbox Add-In / Chrome Extension.
We would love to hear from you