How to Install the Solution in MS Outlook for Mac¶
All user data and login credentials passed through Email Sidebar infrastructure are secured by Revenue Grid Privacy & Security principles.
Supported MS Outlook for Mac versions: 2013, 2016, 2019
For an Office 365 account¶
Email Sidebar installation in MS Outlook for Mac follows the standard MS Outlook addin installation steps:
1. Click Get Add-ins in MS Outlook for Mac ribbon
2. MS Outlook Add-In management window will be opened. In the Search add-ins box on the right-hand side, type “SmartCloud” and select Email Sidebar for Salesforce
3. In the next window that appears, click Add
You will see Email Sidebar icons added to MS Outlook for Mac ribbon.
The Add-In will now also be available for your mail account logged in on other compatible devices with MS Outlook running. This way, you won’t need to install it additionally in your MS Outlook Mobile for iOS and Android, Outlook on the Web/Office 365 (https://outlook.com, https://outlook.live.com/owa/), or MS Outlook for Windows.
4. Next, you need to log on to Email Sidebar
Important note: initial log on¶
Before you log on to Email Sidebar in MS Outlook for MacOS, it is necessary to perform an initial log on via Outlook on the Web in your web browser. This is a one-time step required because of certain peculiarities how the browser pop-up window necessary for the initial RGES authentication is handled on MacOS. To do that:
4.2. Open Email Sidebar (see this article to learn how to do that)
4.4. A standard Salesforce Single Sign-On pop-up window will be opened. Enter your Salesforce login credentials and click Log in to authorize RGES to work with your Salesforce data.
Now you may proceed to logging on to Email Sidebar in MS Outlook for MacOS.
For an MS Exchange account¶
1. Click the red Office add-ins icon in your MS Outlook for Mac’s ribbon
2. Enter your MS Exchange login credentials in the Exchange login window that opens in your web browser
3. On the Add-In management page that will appear, click on the + (Add) button and then choose the source that you want to install Email Sidebar from. For an MS Exchange mailbox, you can install the Add-In only from a manifest URL or file location. The installation link or the .xml manifest file is provided to the customers by RevenueGrid.com Sales team.
4. Select Add from a URL or Add from a file, then
- Enter the manifest’s URL and click Next or
- Browse your hard drive and select the downloaded .xml file and click Next
5. Click Install to confirm add-in installation, then click OK
Now the RGES Add-In has been added to your MS Outlook add-ins list and to your email account.
You will see Email Sidebar icons added to MS Outlook for Mac ribbon:
The Add-In will now also be available for your mail account logged in on other compatible devices with MS Outlook running. This way, you won’t need to install it additionally in your MS Outlook Mobile for iOS and Android, Outlook on the Web (https://outlook.com, https://outlook.live.com/owa/), or MS Outlook for Windows.
1. Open RGES Sidebar by clicking the Open Email Sidebar icon in MS Outlook ribbon
3. A standard Salesforce Single Sign-On pop-up window will be opened. Enter your Salesforce login credentials and click Log in to authorize RGES to work with your Salesforce data.
4. On the following screen, activate Email Sidebar Sync by entering your MS Exchange login credentials and clicking Connect to Exchange
If you are using several different email boxes for your correspondence (not aliases), make sure to authorize RGES Sync for the same email box as one for which you installed the Add-In, otherwise the Sync engine functions will work incorrectly even though RGES Sync will appear to be running.
In some configurations you may also need to enter a valid Exchange Web Services link specific to your company’s Exchange configuration. To do that, click the More v button and paste the EWS link provided by your local admin into the field.
Note that if Sync activation is skipped, a number of key Email Sidebar features will be unavailable.
We would love to hear from you