Introduction: How to Use the Add-In¶
Besides serving as a Mailbox ↔ Salesforce integration tool, Revenue Inbox is an integral part of RevenueGrid.com’s premium guided selling platform Revenue Grid. Check out this Knowledge Base for more information.
Revenue Inbox (RI) brings all power of Salesforce seamlessly into your mailbox, making it easy for you to share data between your email client running on any platform and your CRM on several clicks – fully automatically or selectively – without endless switching back and forth and copy-pasting data.
After you have installed Revenue Inbox, three RI icons are added to your MS Outlook Desktop ribbon. These icons are: Open Revenue Inbox, Quick Save to Salesforce, Log a Call, Quick Send Availability, Track Email Opens (in email compose mode); in Outlook.com they are implemented as items in a menu that expands on clicking the RI logo next to an email.
>>> Expand to see how to open RI Sidebar <<<
Outlook (Desktop) ribbon
Outlook.com / Office.com See this article.
You can “zoom in” the Sidebar the way you zoom in web pages. To do that, click on the Sidebar, press the Control (Ctrl) button and scroll up the mouse wheel. All Sidebar components will be expanded and slightly re-arranged. To accommodate the expanded controls in the Sidebar’s pane, you can also stretch the Sidebar sideways: hover the cursor over the left-hand edge of the Sidebar so it looks like this ⇼, then hold the left mouse button and stretch the Sidebar to the left.
>>> CLICK TO VIEW DETAILS <<<
1. Sidebar's header, Revenue Inbox Menu icon. Quick to access:
- Your Salesforce account
- Revenue Inbox Customization settings
- Revenue Inbox Sync Dashboard and Sync settings
- Help (opens this Knowledge Base)
- About (Revenue Inbox version and subscription type)
- Refresh the Sidebar; that is required to actualize data rendering after Revenue Inbox Customization settings were updated
- Log out from the current Revenue Inbox account
2. Hover the cursor to view the menu of actions available for the record
3. Opportunity progress bar indicator
4. Click to see an animation the records category (tab, separator)
6. The Search icon. More information here.
7. The Create icon. More information here.
8. Revenue Inbox the Save button that enables the users to perform "manual" saving of specific Emails or Calendar items in Salesforce. For items already shared in Salesforce, the Save button is replaced by the Email/Event is saved button. Clicking on this button opens the corresponding Salesforce object's detailed card in RI Sidebar.
9. Click to open the record directly in Salesforce
11. Click to open the associated Account’s (company’s) card
12. The Smart Actions bottom toolbar:
- View opens statistics
- Send meeting time slots
- Share my availability (feature unavailable in Revenue Inbox Chrome Extension)
- Reply with a template
- Open Revenue Grid Signals
13. The Observations list also belongs to the Smart Actions bar. It contains information about contextual smart actions and setup checks carried out by the Add-In/Chrome Extension, e.g. email addresses filtered as internal/blocklisted, objects merging suggestions, or a suggestion to authorize MS Exchange/Office 365 access for Revenue Inbox synchronization.
Note that RI Sidebar is rendered identically in all its implementations: the “cloud” implementation in MS Outlook Desktop, Outlook.com and Office 365 as well as in the “desktop” implementation. However, its Gmail implementation is slightly different.
Key Revenue Inbox features¶
Get Contextual Salesforce Data. Revenue Inbox instantly brings relevant and actualized Salesforce data for any selected email, calendar item, contact, or task. This data is displayed right in your MS Outlook or Gmail next to selected item; it includes associated Salesforce contacts/leads, accounts, opportunities, your custom objects, related events, and much more.
Synchronize Contacts, Events, and Tasks. Automatically synchronize your contacts, events and tasks between Salesforce and your email client. Synchronization requires no Add-In/Extension installation and works on any platform and for any email client that supports Microsoft Exchange or Gmail server; refer to this article for a complete list of supported email clients.
Share Emails in Salesforce. Save your emails to Salesforce by assigning them to the “Salesforce” category, moving to the “Salesforce Emails” Outlook App or Web folder, or associating them with the related record via the Outlook Add-In/Chrome Extension. Your emails will appear in Salesforce as completed Tasks or Email Message objects; files attached to your correspondence can also be shared in Salesforce.
Create or Update Salesforce Records Right From Your Inbox. Create or update a Salesforce record of any type, including your custom ones, without leaving your email application. For your convenience, Revenue Inbox analyzes the contents of emails and pre-fills relevant fields on new records creation.
Find Salesforce Records Quickly. Search through all relevant (defined by active Salesforce list views and RI Customization settings) records in your Org or only records of a certain type - find the needed ones right from your email box and link them to the emails/meetings you share.
Keep an Eye on Customer Engagement. With RI’s Engagement panel email tracking feature, you can check when, where, and for how many times your email was opened.
Access Chatter Directly From Your Email or Event. Communicate with your colleagues without leaving your inbox by making Chatter posts, sharing emails and attachments, and saving other information to any Chatter feed.
Use It on Your Smartphone. With two-way server-side synchronization between Salesforce and Exchange/Gmail, your mobile device is always up to date with contacts, meetings, and tasks. Modify any contact and see it updated in Salesforce, or share an important business email from your mobile device in a few taps.
Tune It the Way You Want. Revenue Inbox is easily customized to fit your needs - choose which Salesforce objects and object fields you want to view and edit via the Sidebar, or which criteria should be applied on relevant records retrieval from Salesforce. Both standard and custom Salesforce objects are supported. You can also pick a customization from your colleague to get RI up and running in no time, or you can share your own convenient customization with other users in your organization.
Different language localizations for big Enterprise customers. Revenue Inbox interface, dashboards , and settings are available in 9 world languages. A localization can be enabled by request sent to our Support team for all users in your Org or only for specific users.
Dutch (the Netherlands) Standard Chinese Simplified Japanese Simplified Danish is planned to be added
We would love to hear from you