Managing Tasks via the Product (Tasks Sync)¶
Revenue Inbox synchronization ensures continuous background syncing of your work Tasks between MS Exchange/Office 365 and Salesforce. Once activated, RI synchronization runs every 30 minutes on server side.
With Revenue Inbox, you can share and update your work tasks in Salesforce right from your preferred mail client. Task reminders are synced along with them - so you will not miss any important ones. Selective automatic synchronizing of Tasks with Salesforce offered by Revenue Inbox is highly useful for jobs reporting and coordination.
After RI sync is set up, to enable Tasks downsyncing from Salesforce to your mail client, go to Synchronization Dashboard (see the article Opening the Dashboard), open Sync Settings > Filters in the pane on the left-hand side and enable the switch button under Tasks:
Note that your Tasks existing in MS Exchange/Office 365 prior to RI sync activation will not be synced with Salesforce, unless you specifically select them to be synced using either one of the methods described below:
Saving a Task in Salesforce¶
You can share an MS Exchange/Office 365 Task in Salesforce in one of the following ways:
- By assigning the task the custom Salesforce category. In this case on the following sync session the task will be shared in Salesforce and automatically moved to the Salesforce Tasks folder
- By moving the task to the dedicated Salesforce Tasks folder. On the following sync session the task will be shared in Salesforce and automatically assigned the Salesforce category. As long as the task stays in the folder, any changes made to it will be conveyed to its matching Task object in Salesforce
If the Salesforce category is unassigned after an item was moved to the dedicated Salesforce folder and synchronized with Salesforce, RI sync will automatically restore the category on this item on the following sync session – items will remain synced if you just unassign the custom category from them but leave them in the dedicated folder. In the opposite case, if a synchronized item is removed from the dedicated Salesforce folder to be unsynced, RI sync will automatically remove the custom category from this item in MS Outlook on the following sync session
Your personal Tasks located in the default Tasks folder or other folders in MS Exchange/Office 365 will not get shared in Salesforce. Only the Tasks assigned the Salesforce category or moved to the Salesforce Tasks folder will get shared.
Editing a Salesforce Task via Revenue Inbox¶
You can edit a Salesforce task via RI in one of the following ways:
- In Revenue Inbox Sidebar, expand a related record’s card, select the Related tab and expand the necessary Task under Open activities
- Alternatively, find the needed Task among Open activities right on the Sidebar’s home screen
Opening a Task in Salesforce
To open a task in Salesforce, do the following:
- Find the necessary Task in RI Sidebar using either of the ways described in the previous section.
- Click the Cloud icon or the icon next to the Task’s header; the Task will be opened in Salesforce in your browser.
Changes made to a task via Revenue Inbox Sidebar are conveyed to Salesforce immediately and do not require RI sync to be active, while changes made to tasks in email client will appear in Salesforce only after the following sync session.
We would love to hear from you